How to mute Fx's at the end of a track?????

Alejo

Hello to all.

How can I remove the delay at the end of a track?. For example, when the song is over, the delay I applied to the guitar continues according to the settings. I would like to remove it, along another Fx's, to have a "dry" end of the song.

Cutting the track, using the silence or using fade out does not work.

(All effects come via SX).

Thanks in advance.

Alejo.

Txs a lot for the answer, Xstatic.
Sorry, but I miss something. As far as I know I can edit audio tracks, but not the inserts or sends I am using for the tracks. Or at least I cannot see such option in SX.

I've only used Cubase once, but I think this technique could be applied. I did this once in Vegas and it worked great.

Solo the effect you want to silence and record that as its own track. Then use the recorded effect instead of using the effect itself. Then you can manipulate it as you would a regular track.

Thanks, MadAudio. You mean exporting the solo track and then import it back to the project. Sounds reasonable, but what about if I need to touch the effect again? Then I should do the same procedure all the time, I guess.
But you are right It would definetely work for the final mixdown.

Still wandering what is the delay return...

Regards,

Alejo.

No, that's not quite what I meant. Maybe you can't do this in Cubase, I'm not sure.

What I mean is to solo the effect you want to silence and record just the effect as its own track. Now you have the effect as an audio track. Does that explain it better?

If you can solo the effect only, then that means there is an FX return. When you set up an FX send, it should create a master fader for that effect. Use that fader to fade the effect out rather than the original track. For example, you have a vocal with a delay on it. If you mute the vocal, the delay will continue (for however long your delay is set). This is because the delay is a time based effect. When you just mute the vocal the delay still has the vocals in it from just before you muted so they will continue to delay until the ffedback and delay time parameters that you have set have been met. If you fade out or mute the actual delay return, it will cut it. In fact, it will still be going on in the backround, but will not be heard. If you run a delay that spaces out for say 60 seconds (really high feedback percentage), mute the vocal, the delay only will continue still. If you then mute the delay output, you won't hear it anymore. If 15 seconds later you unmute the output, you will hear it again. So in reality, the delay itself hasn't stopped, but its output has been cut. By default I believe the FX returns will be purple.

Back