How to handle acoustics in this room (pictures included)?

KingDiamond

I am using a spare room as my home "studio". Below is a picture of it (mind the mess). Anyway, what would be some general starting points to handle acoustic problems in this room? I know I have a slight bass problem (too much bass). But the room is kind of tight so I don't know of any bass trap that could fit in here. I use two sets of speakers, one set is my KRK RP6 monitors (one is in for repair), the others are some EV Sonic XS computer speakers. With the EV speakers there is a big subwoofer on the floor and even at the lowest setting it makes too much bass. The RP6 monitors sound fairly flat in the room except for the low end which is a bit too loud.

The ceilings are wierd in the room because this is on the second floor and the ceilings are slanted. The ceilings are slanted both in front of the desk and about 6 feet behind the desk.

Also if you guys could point me to a seller that has foam that is comparable to Auralex but cheaper in cost then that would be helpful.

Thanks!

room.jpg

1. Move the sub away from the corner.

2. Use some 4" material and straddle the peak of the room - that's a LOT of your problem.

3. Build some 6" wide, 2.5" thick, 3' long panels with wood sides and hang them along the slanted ceiling about every 8" between them.

Bryan

Back