How to go in to Audiophile 2496?

complexprocess

I'm thinking of a getting a pretty basic setup just to record 1 track at a time. I'll mainly be recording bass, and I want to go to a n ART tube preamp (the preamp isn't the focus of my question, and may or may not change) into the Audiophile 2496. Now what I plan to do id use a 1/4" to RCA cable like this from the preamp to the RCA inputs on the card. My question is whether or not it would be worth it to get an external digital converter so I can use the digital ins on t he card. Any opinions?

yeah, thats the right cable...if you get 2 you will have access to 2 inputs.....
yes you can get an external converter and use the spdif, but by the time you pay for it all, you could have gotten a delta 44, delta 66, or delta 1010lt with multiple analog inputs......

That cable is right, Most delta cards use RCA input/outputs and so just make sure one end of yoru cable is always RCA and teh other end could be a quarter (guitar) or XLR (Mic)

Thanks for responses. I think I'll just splurge on a 44 or 66, on the slight chance that I make friends and they feel like playing with me. :D

Back