here's one...

-20" DW maple kick
-batter is a clear Emperor
-no front head
-that velcro dampener thingy (or small pillow) lightly touching batter head
-head tuned down just before wrinkle
-AKG D112 placed BACKWARDS ~5" from beater contact
-SM57 placed just inside front, off to the side, facing batter

Bring both mics to same level (loudness), leave EQ flat, and pop the D112 outa phase. Now you got some thump!

-Dave

Zeke,

I don't think anyone here was trying to be mean. It's just you were being a bit bold with your post. I have to agree that it's a little odd to claim you got a low-end sound with no low end(?). I think what you are getting is a kick sound that is cutting through the mix a bit more because you are pulling lower mids (as well as bass) out. It's cleaning up your overall low end of the mix because your kick is no longer competing with the bass and guitar. That's probably why it's more pleasing to listen to.

Try, instead, pulling mids and lower-mids (200Hz-500Hz) out of your kick maybe -5db. Add some highs at about 5k, maybe +3db. This should give you a similar result without sacrificing your "low-end".

See ya

Thanks for the tip zeke. I have a vf-16 but was frustrated not being able to link it to a computer. So I finally broke down and ordered a Plextor cd-rw with scsi (recomended for vf-16). Once you load your recording to a cd as a wav file, you can edit them with programs lke Acid, which I recomend. AcidPlanet.com is a great site where you can show off your stuff to the world. Check out vf-16.com if you want to get a Plextor, there is also a used one on e bay.

hey womat...

womat, tell me everything that i need to do that wave file thing from my cd burner!!!!

zeke

to everybody

well from the looks of this i won't beable to post my music sample here with the stuff that i have know. mabye some of you can help me?

here's what i'm doing...

1. i'm record the audio from my recorder to my stand-alone cd burner.

2.i load that cd in to my computer

3. i send that track to my wav. software and record it to a wav. file.

4. i go to my cd burner that i have on the computer and start to right a cd.

5. the software tells me that my song is a wav. file

6. i burn it to cd

7. i try to post it on the internet and it says that it's not a wav. file!!!!!

what the hell is going on????

but like i ask in my other post to womat just please tell what i need to save wav. files from my from my vf-16.

another thing, i red on the "ad file" thing that you see when ever you post a post and it did not say that wav. files was a valid file.
is it?

zeke

that doesn't sound like a real drumkit

that audio file sounded very compressed too...very..

that's not how id like my kick drum to sound.

zeke, what eq did you use on that bass drum?

hey long wave,

it's a real kit. about that compression i did'nt compress it not one bit. even my recorder don't store data in a data compressed way.
when i mixed it down to a mp3 i think the mp3 has data compression so that is want you heard. i used a para. eq on the
tracks. i know that the snare sounds like crap but i'm saying up to get a compressor to put on the snare track. that was the best that i cound do right now. and by the way this is my first time that i posted a mp3 on the internet. it will sound better next time.

zeke

Zeke, that recording sounded really good. How many mic's did you use? What kind of soundproofing?

to: womat

i used 3. a shure sm57 (snare) a shure beta 52(kick) and a overhead(nady scm900) the room was covered with 2' by 1'
carpet pading sheets.

Back