How to get a Headphone Mix out of my VS-2480

I've had my VS-2480 for almost 2 weeks now and i'm impressed with it. it's got alot of tools and powerful sounds. However the VS-2480 does have a bit of a learning curve, but i do beleive i can learn this thing inside and out with a little time. The problem i'm having now is Im getting no sound through my headphones. The head phone level is turned up and the head phones are working. I understand that you would prolly have to run it out on some kind of Aux bus, and if that's the case i'd like to ask if someone could explain this to me and how i would go about doing this. I have looked at the manual but havent found too much on how to do this.

thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Headphone mix confused me at first as well, until I watched the turbo start dvd.

It is as easy as : When you are recording, bring up the faders of the tracks you want to hear. Leave the rest down. (Fader position has nothing to do with what is actually recorded).
Also, I think you have to bus the headphone jack to the monitor bus, using the routing menu. (This is probably your problem).

Take a quick peak at your routing screen- you'll probably see what you need to do.

Does this help?

Red Dog Studios said:
I've had my VS-2480 for almost 2 weeks now and i'm impressed with it. it's got alot of tools and powerful sounds. However the VS-2480 does have a bit of a learning curve, but i do beleive i can learn this thing inside and out with a little time. The problem i'm having now is Im getting no sound through my headphones. The head phone level is turned up and the head phones are working. I understand that you would prolly have to run it out on some kind of Aux bus, and if that's the case i'd like to ask if someone could explain this to me and how i would go about doing this. I have looked at the manual but havent found too much on how to do this.

thanks for your time.

Zeke

Hello My I Just Got My Roland 2480 Dvd About Three Days Ago.
I Am Trying To Midi My Trition To The The 2480.

I Came Out Of My Triton Keyboard Midi And In On The 2480 Midi But I Am Getting No Sound. Can You Help Me Please??

Sorry man,

I know NOTHING about MIDI. I have never had to use it, and I don't even really know what it is for.

Back