How to figure the song of a tune from a recorded snippet of audio?

YanKleber

Retired
I have this snippet of a tune hammering into my head (I am sure I heard it in an old movie years ago). So I recorded a few notes from the top of my mind using a simple piano.
Now I was wondering if it does exist any kind of online app where I could upload my recording to search for it and figure its name?

Ideas?

Here it is the snippet:

Last edited:
Depending on how well the song is played, Shazam! might find it. I think Rob has used that one for his music.

Yeah, I tried Shazam and it simply didn't work. It says to click Shazam button with the opened tab where the music is playing but nothing happened. :(

You might try Sound Hound. Their claim to fame was you could hum or whistle a tune and it would work it out. Sounds just like what your trying to do.
I appreciated your suggestion!

Unfortunately this is another piece of crap. I installed the app, then played the tune and for my surprise after 3-4 notes it said that didn't find anything. o_O I am very disappointed with the AI behind song recognizing. It seems that there is still a LONG road before it be minimally useable.

I think that I will have to live with the truth of never figure the name of this song. LoL.

I remember now that my father had this song played by an orchestra in one of his vinyl records.

So the tune was published in the days before the internet? Did it get worldwide airplay, otherwise it doesn't work. The track estereolux - anti amor doesn't Shazam and that's a proper mix, so maybe what you're searching for is in your head from your dad's day and never got any publishing or exposure?

I think it's a bit steep to say sound hound is crap - when your piece has some very strange timing and dodgy notes in it? All these apps need something for their algorithms to get to grips with? You didn't make it very easy to be honest.

Back