How to Extract the sound from a DVD???

PRiZ-one

I just got a dvd I want to get the sounds from it. I don't think I even have a DVD player or can I play them in my comp anyway, if I have to I can use a homie's. How do I get the whole movie or what I want to sample? I sample with a computer or would like to as my equipment for this etc.
THANKS...

I just recently tried to do the very same thing (I also don't have a DVD rom drive). I downloaded a bunch of shareware DVD rippers and tried all kinds of things. In then end, I just brought the DVD player downstairs and recorded the damn thing with a cable from the audio out of the player. ...works fine just like recording anything else.

All you need is an audio recording program like Cool Edit. Run a jack from the audio out of your homie's DVD player into the Line In of your sound card.

I would go with Sean's method unless you really want to mess with a bunch of buggy DVD ripper programs.

You will need a DVD player either way. A regular computer CDrom drive will not play DVD's but a computer DVD drive will.

Back