How to drag and edit an mp3 in garageband

guitarguy101

For a school project, I have to dub vocals onto a pop song. I found the karaoke version of Blitzkrieg Bop, and I currently have it on my desktop as an mp3. How can I drag it into garageband so that I can edit it there and overdub vocals?

It's really simple. Just make sure your GarageBand project is open, browse to the desktop in Finder (or shrink/move the GarageBand window so you can see the file on your desktop), and drag the MP3 into the track window of GarageBand.

Usually, we can easily import MP3 to GarageBand (especially GarageBand 11)

However, sometimes we still will encounter difficulty in importing MP3 to GarageBand in two situation:

Situation 1: GarageBand only imports MP3 files which have the extension in lower case: ".mp3". If you try to import MP3 files (like MP3 recorded from the Olympus LS-10) with the extension in upper case: ".MP3", GarageBand will refuse to import those kinds of MP3 audio.

In this case, change the MP3 file extension to lower case in order to import MP3 to GarageBand.

Situation 2 GarageBand only supports those MP3 audio files which have a sample rate of 44.1 kilohertz (kHz) and a bit depth of 16 bits.

In this case, we had better convert MP3 to GarageBand more compatible AIFF.

Just google search Step by Step Guide on How to Solve “GarageBand Won’t Import MP3″ Problem

you will find a simple solution

Back