How to correctly connect behringer mixer?

arc76

Hi,

I'm using a analog 2in-2out soundcard(vst project pack) a behringer eurorack mx602 mixer i'm running a mic'd guitar cab into one chan. and a korg synth into the other.I'm monitoring through the pc as well as through a set of headphones that aree hooked up to the mixer.

My question is how do correctly connect the inputs and outputs of the mixer>soundcard>speakers so that i can lay a guitar track down,then monitor the first track while i overdub additional guitar tracks through the phones.The audio card's control panel has an input monitor control that toggles the analog output on/off which i thought i could use to kill my monitors while recording so thier output doesn't "bleed " into my tracks.

I currently have the Main out of the mixer going into the input of the audio card and the output of the audio card going into the tape in of the mixer the tape out then goes into the input of my monitors.
Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks

It sounds to me like you should be running the main out to your monitors and the tape out into your soundcard. Or if your mixer has a headphone out, use that. That's what I do.

Whether or not you can monitor while you record is probably a function of whatever software you are using.

Use the channel inserts to send to that channel to your sound card. Monitor your recorded tracks on a spare channel. Use the main outs to go to your power amp.

turn off the 2 trk. to mix button and turn on the 2 trk to ctrl room button and use headphones plugged into the mx 602 and phones/ control room volume knob.

Back