how to converts stereo to mono

Jimmy is spot on. If you wish to pan, your eventual final mix has to be stereo. With a single master track, there's nothing to pan since you end up with a single track.

(Besides that, if you wish to burn to a standard CD, the file format must be stereo too.)

You can use a mono TRACK to record your mic, but if you wish to pan (i.e. move your mic sound around in a stereo field) then the master has to be stereo.

thank you Jimmy and Bobbsy for your help. My problem was solved as soon as changed it session to stereo. I'm so stupid, I should have figured that. I just thought that if my microphone must record in mono then the session should be mono too.

I'll use mono tracks in a stereo session from now on. That'll be right, right?

I have another question,
what sample rate for the SESSION should i use? My microphone(snowball) records best at 16 bit. But when i am mixing, Audition says this is 32 bit mixing. I don't why it says 32 bit mixing, when I clearly made the session a 16 bit one.....??

Yup. Mono tracks (for mics) in a session that mixes to stereo is the way to go. The only time to use a stereo track is if you have a true stereo source--some keyboards for example or if you use two mics on the same thing as a stereo pair.

Audition uses 32 bit as an internal mixing format. Why? Because that gives you effectively unlimited headroom in terms of levels. If you mix two tracks together at 32 bit to the point where the clip light is on constantly, you can still just normalise your mix downwards and get a clean, clip free mix. At 16 bit, once the clip light comes on, the mix is damaged. The same advantage CAN apply at the recording tracking stage but most devices (including your mic and my stupid expensive digital mixer) don't support this so recording at 16 or 24 bit is the way to go.

Glad you got is sorted.

Yup. Mono tracks (for mics) in a session that mixes to stereo is the way to go. The only time to use a stereo track is if you have a true stereo source--some keyboards for example or if you use two mics on the same thing as a stereo pair.

Audition uses 32 bit as an internal mixing format. Why? Because that gives you effectively unlimited headroom in terms of levels. If you mix two tracks together at 32 bit to the point where the clip light is on constantly, you can still just normalise your mix downwards and get a clean, clip free mix. At 16 bit, once the clip light comes on, the mix is damaged. The same advantage CAN apply at the recording tracking stage but most devices (including your mic and my stupid expensive digital mixer) don't support this so recording at 16 or 24 bit is the way to go.

Glad you got is sorted.

ohhh that was helpful!

so i guess i dont have to worry about the discord between recording at 16 bit and mixing at 32 bit. I make sure my recording doesn't clip by keeping the recording volumes optimal but after applying effects and volume adjustments with the instrumental, there is a LOT of clipping. So it's great that Audition mixes at 32 bit...

thank -you!

ohhh that was helpful!

so i guess i dont have to worry about the discord between recording at 16 bit and mixing at 32 bit. I make sure my recording doesn't clip by keeping the recording volumes optimal but after applying effects and volume adjustments with the instrumental, there is a LOT of clipping. So it's great that Audition mixes at 32 bit...

thank -you!

As long as you know that 'optimal' recording level is around -12 to -18 dBFS. You do not want to record just below clipping.

Back