How to completely uninstall Soundblaster Live?

xiaoken

I'm using windows 2000, and I am trying to use the kx drivers. Is it enough to just go to Device Manager and uninstall the drivers there?

FDISK and Format

Use a better sound card.

The Turtle Beach Santa Cruz is a stable, reliable card for low-end cost. I run them in all my client machines because they are rock solid. Zero problems, unlike the massive issues I have with SB cards and drivers.

i havent installed the kx release but just installed the creative 23mb unipack driver set, do a google on the kx project and look for your question, i read about the drivers but wasnt that fuzzy feeling after reading the issues with it, true it may have been some 15yr old who had to reformat i read about but i didn't find enough info to my satisfaction to warrent the attempt... just yet anyway...

my newer SB has some type of dolby where my older SB live doesnt, they sound way better than built in systems audio...

if your system is fairly fresh give them a try and let us (me) know how it goes, its so damn vague today where web info use to be, go figure...

for 33 bucks it plays SF2 files and with the kx driver i believe you can record at 48bit, don't hold me on that bitrate quote though... another thing/info i never completely found on the web...

peace....

Umm...what are you talking about?

Also, I don't feel like spending anymore money. Mainly because I don't have anymore now (unemployed). I'm just trying to hook up my keyboard with as low a latency as possible.

xiaoken said:
Umm...what are you talking about?

Also, I don't feel like spending anymore money. Mainly because I don't have anymore now (unemployed). I'm just trying to hook up my keyboard with as low a latency as possible.

ok, forget it, follow bgavin's advice...

Fusion2 said:
my newer SB has some type of dolby where my older SB live doesnt, they sound way better than built in systems audio...

Thats a good one. You telling me a $69 SB is going to sound better than a $200-300 5.1 receiver?

Yeah right...:rolleyes:

I think he means they sound better than the default "on the motherboard" sound that comes on a lot of PCs like Dell - usually using a AC chipset.

Back