How to center mono track?

Raydio

I recorded a vocal track (mono) into FL Studio. Problem is that it only plays in the left speaker. When I record in Adobe Audition it centers the vocal and plays through both speakers. How do I make the mono track centered, because panning it doesn't work. Thank you

what happens if you pan it to the right, does it just disappear? anyway just make sure you're exporting as a mono file and importing it as a mono file

treymonfauntre said:
what happens if you pan it to the right, does it just disappear? anyway just make sure you're exporting as a mono file and importing it as a mono file

It disappears :(

it seems like somehow adobe is exporting it as a stereo file with nothing in the right channel. i'm not familiar with either program so i'm not very helpful

Raydio said:
I recorded a vocal track (mono) into FL Studio. Problem is that it only plays in the left speaker. When I record in Adobe Audition it centers the vocal and plays through both speakers. How do I make the mono track centered, because panning it doesn't work. Thank you

It sounds like you recorded to a stereo track in FL. You need to make sure the track is set up as mono to record your mono source. I'm not sure how to do that in FL.

Hehe, calm down man, just click on the little triangle on top left of the waveform, then open it for edit. I think in the edit window menu there's a command name "convert to mono" or sth like that. Then just save and it'll be ok. Good luck !

I had this problem on acid a while back, set your recording from stereo to mono, and it should come out of both speakers, where to change it? depends on the program, I was runnin magic studio or something before acid and it was just under options, and on acid i have to press record then change it before it actually recorded and ur settings will save...
so just look around for it.

Ok here's what's going on. FL Studio CAN'T record in mono. It's impossible. What happened is that you recorded a mono signal to one side of a stereo recording.

yeah I know but Adobe Audition gives you the option of recording stereo or mono. Its so stressful using the "stereo to mono" process with EVERY recorded .WAV file but thats life. Hopefully ImageLine fixes this with the next update. Thanks for all of the help guys

Back