How to add more instruments to Cubase?

DavidUK93

Hi - this might seem obvious to many of you, so please accept my apologies for asking, but I reallly do not know: how to I add more instruments to Cubase?

I have installed Cubase SX and it reallly works well. I have learnt it all from scratch, and am now arranging, performing and recording a series of songs. I am using SampleTank for the instruments. But SampleTank, while good, is poor when it comes to a vibraphone, xylophone, glokenspiel and bells. I have tried to buy these on line,but been told by wizoo.com that I need a "sampler" first.

Can anybody tell me how to proceed, hopefully without spending yet more large amounts of money? What is a sampler, and where do I get it? and how to get the instruments above which I need?

If you want, you can hear a sample of my first arrangement with Cubase and SampleTank on this website below. Again, comments welcomed.
Thanks
David.
www.christmasideas.biz

If I'm not mistaken there is a free sampler or two there as well. The thing to watch out for with free VST and VSTi's is that they can be buggy depending on who did them and whether or not they followed up with trying to fix them after they released tham and got feedback on how well they worked.

That said, there are some really good ones out there.

Back