how to add a track without changing the tempo

voxinbain

Hello! how to add a finished track to the working environment without changing the tempo of the song? When dragging from the desktop, the tempo often changes.

If the tempo changes, it will be because of a sample rate change - so a 44.1 track playing in a 48K app - BUT - this also changes the pitch. If this doesn't happen, we have no idea what you mean. What DAW, What app, What computer, what circumstances?

The best thing is to wait until he answers MJB's question. Without knowing what DAW he's using, it will be 3 pages of guessing.

If he's using REAPER, for example, it could have nothing to do with sample rate. It can be a simple case of having to change "Beats/Bars" to "Time", etc...(I might not be using the exact correct terms, but it's something like that.)

It has happened to me where I insert a track and it changes speed because of the setting I mentioned.

Hello! how to add a finished track to the working environment without changing the tempo of the song? When dragging from the desktop, the tempo often changes.
Hi, in Ableton there is option under preferences about auto warping samples . Turn that off for long samples . Or when you insert audio clip , there is WARP option in the clip ( on the left side of the screen ) , turn that off. Hope this helped. Best Regards.

Back