how the hell!!!!!!!!!!

fenderlikingood

i dont know if this is the correct forum for this general of a question, but it says computers so here goes.

i took a track from cool edit pro and sent it to real jukebox thinking i could e-mail the track from there. but no such luck!!!
its driving me crazy, how the hell do i attach a wav file to an e-mail!!!!!!! do i need to move the track somewhere else??????
if i do , how? and where?? im using win 2000 pro and outlook express if ya,ll could help me out i'd really appreciate it.

thanks
rick.

You should be able to hit the "attach" button on your e-mail client and then browse for the wav you want to email. You might want to think about compressing it to mp3 before you email it though, depending on how big the clip is.

Most email servers have a size limit, about 1.5 meg usually. and entire song in wave is usually much bigger than that.

You don't even have to use the Attach button. Just drag your file onto your email message and it'll be automagically attached. Sonny's right about making it an mp3. Even if you do have an extra large mailbox, nobody wants to spend forever downloading a huge email attachment.

thanks guys!!!!

that worked,
i looked around in here for a while trying to find info on converting wav to mp3, because ya'll were right about the size of the wav file. i took the music match jukebox route(free download)
and converted the mp3 size is now 2.12 mb still quite large. is there anyway to reduce the size of the mp3 in music match???
yeah i know these are probably dumb questions, but im taking baby steps as i am an infant in the computer area.

anyway,
thanks to everyone here for taking the time to help a blithering idiot.

rick

I don't knwo if music match will do it, but I've heard wma files tend to be smaller than mp3s. You might try converting the wav to wma and then check the size...

yeah

You can cut the song in half. :D

Pretty much the only way you're going to make that file any smaller is to lower the bit depth which will gradually make it sound like a larger and larger pile of poop.

You can check out this shareware program for conversion to and from mp3. Mess around with it and listen to the mp3 you get from it to see if it's really worth making the file smaller.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

Dick

you could stick it in a zip file to make it a bit smaller (probably won't get half though).

If mailbox limit is the problem, you could make your computer an ftp host and have the person download it from you. You could also see if you can find a free web server and create a make shift web page to download from. This could be getting very complicated.

-Sal

msn works , i sent over 200gig over it :)
but you can use winrar to compress it, use multimedia compression and it'll do much more than winzip

WOW

thanks for all the info guys, thats alot to process for a computer idiot such as my self. looks like i have enough options to get the job done now.

again, thanks to everyone who has helped me out!!!

rick

Back