How much would you pay for this?

I looks Rhode hard and put a way wet...$500- $600 would be a good/fair price at the local shops. Ebay might get you a little more but shipping is going to burn someone. Maybe a little more if it were cleaned up but to pay more, I'd want to play it.

punkin said:
but to pay more, I'd want to play it.
Absolutely. I'd also want to have a look under the hood. Looks like hell, man. Anybody who'd treat a Rhodes like that ought to do time.

If it sounds terrific, the best place to try to sell it would be a recording studio. Nobody who just needs a keyboard is likely to buy a beat up Rhodes unless, for some reason, he or she really craves that particular sound. Too many cheaper, newer, not to mention lighter keyboards can imitate it, and also do a whole lot more. I'd be stunned if anybody other than a pro studio offered more than a few hundred bucks for it.

Not too many people are lugging around those heavy keyboards anymore with synthes that can closely recreate the sounds without the weight and possible tuning problems. I still have nightmares about the Hammond organ and leslie our keyboard guy had 25 years ago-it was like moving a bank vault~~~
:eek:

Back