how much of a disservice am i doing myself?

distortedrumble

all up in yo grill!
well the tax return check should be here in a week or so and I'm curious to know if I'd be shooting myself in the foot/ass if i went with yamaha mg instead of soundcraft M

distortedrumble said:
well the tax return check should be here in a week or so and I'm curious to know if I'd be shooting myself in the foot/ass if i went with yamaha mg instead of soundcraft M
I can't tell you about the soundcraft. I can tell you that I own a Yamah MG 10/2 and I've had no issues. However, my previous mixer was a Behringer UB802 so you may want to take my advice with a grain of salt (whatever that's suppose to mean).

Some people will tell you that the Yamaha adds some noise. That may be the case, but it's S/N is low enough that it's a non issue in my recording room.

LOL my mixer now is the UB802....I'd be jumping to the 16/4 or 16/4 fx...i was thinking about trying to have enough left over to get an AT4040. anything i get is a step up.

I've got the MG10/2 and M12. I think there's quite a big difference, but if you like I might be able to get some tracks done with each over the weekend and email you them?

Yo, Distorted...

I got a 6 month old MG 10/2 you can have for 60 beans plus shipping if you're interested. Used about 10 hours. No problem shipping to GSO.

16 channels puts you above M series. 12 preamps is the largest in the range.

Am trying to get my PC working tonight and in the morning...will see what I can get done.

Huck Hobo said:
Yo, Distorted...

I got a 6 month old MG 10/2 you can have for 60 beans plus shipping if you're interested. Used about 10 hours. No problem shipping to GSO.
Maybe, I'm stupid but what is GSO? How much is shipping?

Dracon said:
Maybe, I'm stupid but what is GSO? How much is shipping?

Not stupid. GSO is "secret code" for Greensboro, NC. Actually, it's the airport abbreviation. :)

scrubs said:
Not stupid. GSO is "secret code" for Greensboro, NC. Actually, it's the airport abbreviation. :)
Well, that explains it. I've only flown through Greensboro once back in 1998.

I don't know. NC it's kinda nice. I've been to the NC beaches and they are very nice (lacking in the female department, but Hey okay).

you get the dazed and confused hippie latebloomers at nc beaches...myrtle beach in south carolina is where the meat market is. thats about 30 minutes from wilmington i think.

Back