How much for a fret job?

Chris Shaeffer

Peavey ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey everyone,

The old Les Paul's frets, especially down below the 5th, are looking pretty ragged...

How much should I be thinking of paying for having the frets relaced?

Thanks,
Chris

I think the rate around here is $25/fret bound or about $275-350 if you want an entire refret with leveling.

In my shop we charge about $450-500 for a bound fingerboard, and somewhere between $350-400 for a unbound fingerboard. We can also do stainless steel frets for about $100 extra (they are a real bitch to wrok with).

That being said, you MAY only need a fret dress, which runs more like $150-175. Take it to a good repair person and get their advice. Without actually holding the guitar, and there's no way I can say for sure.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral"
M.K. Gandhi

Fifty bucks, same as downtown

Sorry. That's a punch line to a joke that's so old I don't even remember it all now.

Thanks, everyone.

Joke:

A priest decided to leave the monastary and go walk amongst the people. He felt he had been close to god for so long that he was no longer close to the people who he was supposed to be tending.

His day ws fascinating- it had been a long time since he'd been in a shopping mall or taken a bus from place to place. He was confused at one point, however, in a strange and dirty part of town where half clothed women kept on aksing him "You want a blow job?" He asked them what a blowjob was but the only answer he got, besides laughter, was "$50."

Eventually he made his way back to the monastary after a long and good day. He was still perplexed about the ladies and how they made him feel so he decided to ask for help understanding what had happened. He went to the women's side of the monastary to speak with the elder nun about it.

"Sister, while I was in town today I was offered a blowjob by some of the good women who lived there. What's a blowjob?"

"$50. Same as downtown."

Back