How much Eq before mastering

Well since there's no electricity up here, they better run on batteries.

If I keep turning my knob past 10, does it keep going up (like 11,12,13) and up, or does it go back to zero?

I'm using the Behringer Ultra-pro suckEQ. Thanks!

gumplunger said:
According to John 3:18, "thou shalt not boosteth in excesseth of the numbers that doth circumfrencize the EQ knob."

But my EQ goes up to 11. :o

now i wanted to try calculate all this but i don't have tiles in my room so instead i used a bunch of towels which worked allmost as good, i just had a little damping of the high freqs...but i inded up with a number that was bigger than any boost i can give with my eq's so i figured that i have 16 channels of eq on my mixer, if i divide my solution with 16, then i must have the right amount of boost, but i don't know on what frequency yet, so i'll just boost everything with this amount and make sure it sounds a bit like white noise

this way it will be loud

RAMI said:
If a car leaves New York city travelling West at 60 miles an hour, how old is my Uncle? True or False?

Blue.

Best one I've heard:

If Jane has 4 apples and John walks to work, how many locomotives does it take to fill up the Ford Freeway?

Blue.

Best one I've heard:

If Jane has 4 apples and John walks to work, how many locomotives does it take to fill up the Ford Freeway?

Quite simple actually, the answer is 2.

Reason:
Jane's amount of apples determined how fast she would walk back home from the market. If John was walking to work, he would bump into Jane, and accidentally knock 2 apples out of her hands, which both would bounce off the overpass and into oncoming traffic. The car(s) on the freeway will not notice the falling apples. When they run over the apples, the car(s) spin out of control, and drive the cars onto the railroad tracks. The locomotives will not be able to stop in time, thus de-railing. The car(s) in the opposite lane will break hard, creating a traffic backup in that lane, therefore re-routing the locomotives onto the opposite side of the freeway. Oh, and the next variable (the other 2 apples), can determine how long it takes before the freeway is filled. Simply multiply the remaining apples by all of the cars within a 300ft radius of the accident, which gives you 600 sec, which is 10 minutes.

Quite simple actually, the answer is 2.

Reason:
Jane's amount of apples determined how fast she would walk back home from the market. If John was walking to work, he would bump into Jane, and accidentally knock 2 apples out of her hands, which both would bounce off the overpass and into oncoming traffic. The car(s) on the freeway will not notice the falling apples. When they run over the apples, the car(s) spin out of control, and drive the cars onto the railroad tracks. The locomotives will not be able to stop in time, thus de-railing. The car(s) in the opposite lane will break hard, creating a traffic backup in that lane, therefore re-routing the locomotives onto the opposite side of the freeway. Oh, and the next variable (the other 2 apples), can determine how long it takes before the freeway is filled. Simply multiply the remaining apples by all of the cars within a 300ft radius of the accident, which gives you 600 sec, which is 10 minutes.

Aw, c'mon, you saw that on the Big Bang Theory. :mad:

I am sure everyone has explained by now that this has nothing to do with mastering and everything to do with recording and mixing.

1) Always use a good pop shield when recording vocals. (fabric mesh tend to work better than metal mesh IMO)
2) Record at 24 bit and peak vocal peaks to -12dBFS max
3) Eq on a vocal will depending on the vocal reference you wish to sound like.

So it is not possible to suggest a dB value for a frequency. What you need to do is find vocal references you like the sound of and then try and achieve that vocal tone through mic position, equalization and dynamic control (compression/de-essers)

Here is an easy broken down tutorial on how to use an equalizer.

Keep practicing.

cheers

SafeandSound Mastering
http://www.masteringmastering.co.uk/cheapmastering.html

This thread is a gem. There should be a sticky forum for all the threads like these.

By the way, the answer is actually 42.3333333 ad infinitum. You're all forgetting to multiplying the parabolic function of the hypotenusiosinosoidal variable as outlined in the grand unified theory of sound with the Hans-Mueller and Grafenfrimitz constant, which is, of course, the main ingredient in sous vide pork and horseradish terrine.

Cheers :D

Could we get an un-subscribe button in the ThreadTools' as well please
:rolleyes:
There already is one. When you subscribe to a thread, by going into your settings, you see which threads you've subscribed to have new posts and there is the option to reply or unsubscribe.

The answer is 1:1 as the point is equalisation: that all would be equal & thus in a constant ratio of 1:1. This is often balderized in an attempt to replicate the perfect proportions of Corinthian architecture, the equalatral triangle, (which is folly because in any threesome someone is getting more some than someonelse), the Golden proportion (which is actually an ancient Sumerian theory on the dismemberment of a roasted fowl to be shared amongst guests - who get more, and family - who seem to get less but end up eating the leftovers and therefore actually get more more or less).

The equaliser, as demonstrated by Edward Woodward, is a force for good though improperly used, such as when employed with the Ends Justify the Means preset, will cause moral harm to the user & viewer.

Thus we see that any tool used by a tool becomes not a tool but a destructive device unless you have the option of non destructive editing and until you choose to save the task over the unaltered file.

It is important to remember that at all times, and not unlike a microwave oven, one must stand at a distance of 1.34m from the equaliser ,(when one stands at this interval one is referred to as equidistant), if one wishes to maintain one's gender specific physiological orientation. Failure to maintain this distance can & probably will result in gender equality: a state in which your ying and yang won't quite hang like it used to.

The answer is 1:1 as the point is equalisation: that all would be equal & thus in a constant ratio of 1:1. This is often balderized in an attempt to replicate the perfect proportions of Corinthian architecture, the equilateral triangle, (which is folly because in any threesome someone is getting more some than someonelse), the Golden proportion (which is actually an ancient Sumerian theory on the dismemberment of a roasted fowl to be shared amongst guests - who get more, and family - who seem to get less but end up eating the leftovers and therefore actually get more more or less).

The equaliser, as demonstrated by Edward Woodward, is a force for good though improperly used, such as when employed with the Ends Justify the Means preset, will cause moral harm to the user & viewer.

Thus we see that any tool used by a tool becomes not a tool but a destructive device unless you have the option of non destructive editing and until you choose to save the task over the unaltered file.

It is important to remember that at all times, and not unlike a microwave oven, one must stand at a distance of 1.34m from the equaliser ,(when one stands at this interval one is referred to as equidistant), if one wishes to maintain one's gender specific physiological orientation. Failure to maintain this distance can & probably will result in gender equality: a state in which your ying and yang won't quite hang like it used to.

Actually the Corinthian architecture of equilateral triangle, was thus recalculated by Plato during Hellenistic era, as by adding two acute angles to the equilateral triangle creating the two-cute angle theory which would change the equalization demonstrated by Edward Woodward my dear fellow. The discoveries found by Plato would make the force of good actually evil, thus properly used would make the employment "Ends Justify the Means" preset non existent and would not only cause harm to the viewer and listener but would also cause immediate DEATH upon use.

The new finds of angles and levels of the distance of equalization by Plato would change the distance between person and microwave to 1.35 minus .01 from the equalizer to be an interval of one which is what you refereed to as equidistant. Again failure will change the gender specific physiological orientation of that individual in which your ying/yang or better known as X/Y chromosomes will interchange, very dangerous this preset of equalization.

Wow, this is a hard question! In general, I've heard you always boost at least 18db with a Q of 7 or greater. If you want a tight sound you have to use a high Q... I heard Dr. Dre uses a Q of 20 but I can't get it that tite.

Hey, Rayc, RAMI, please tell this guy was with us? PLEEAASEE lol!

There already is one. When you subscribe to a thread, by going into your settings, you see which threads you've subscribed to have new posts and there is the option to reply or unsubscribe.

Silly boy of course there is there. But like a gullible guy I am I click on threads..
'shirley it will be better this time..' :laughings: Then of course it's gone.
:rolleyes: :)

Back