How many TMD1K owners also bought Mixtreme?

C. Anthony

Just would like to get a thread going outside of the Soundscape forum. It seems a little exclusive for me. When I was researching a setup I found the Mixtreme and TMD1K looked good because of the TDIF thing and also the low latency thing. Instead of buying a cheap (but expensive) breakout box (one rack space) I bought the TMD1K as my breakout box for just a little more. I've got pretty low latency and it probably would be lower if I used Cubase instead of Cakewalk (then I could utilize the ASIO drivers).
BUT........
The learning curve was/is high on this combo and I still haven't gotten the hang of building my own mixer (in Mixtreme) and the difficult routing involved with using these two ... not to mention (but I do) ... Cakewalk 9 and it's use with this combo. I just don't even bother with the Mixtreme mixer at this point but I know if I could learn more about it (and could afford the effects) it has the potential for power. I do have the hang of the TMD1K now but still haven't learned how to "print" an effect of the Tascam onto the mix on the harddrive of any particular song I'm mixing (Any help here?). Anyone know what I'm talking about? If you do let's put our heads together for a short time and answer some quirks about these two products and getting the most out of them.

Back