Votes: 2 7.1%
  • B:100+

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

nord

How many songs do you know;
A well enough to sing
B you could write down all the words given a bit of time

I answered 100+ well enough to sing and well enough to write the words down.

I've been gigging a very long time (in many genres) so there are a lot of songs that I've learned - not to mention the 100+ songs I've written.

That reminds me of an old stage rap - after the first song of the night the singer tells the audiance "That's the only song we know.....do you wanna hear it again?"

That reminds me of an old stage rap - after the first song of the night the singer tells the audiance "That's the only song we know.....do you wanna hear it again?"

and its "100 bottles of beer on the wall"......

nord

I chose 100+ on both counts but the fact is it's thousands. When I was a kid, when learning a song, I would play my guitar along with the song and I was too lazy to move the needle back to the beginning and consequently I learned entire albums instead of songs. I can play/sing every song CCR ever recorded as well as Grand Funk, Iron Butterfly and more...

Then there's the 25+ years I spent in radio which helped me learn words to songs... even the one's I hated! ;)

Now my wife is another story. She doesn't play any instrument and she doesn't sing very loud, but while driving around listening to the radio, I have NEVER heard a song come on the 'oldies rock' station that she DOESN'T know the words to!

0 - because I make up my own as I go - Very Walter Torre but my memory doesn't hold much more than a 1st generation thumb drive.

When I played in bands I had to use chord charts to get me through a set. I just don't retain that info.
I had to rerecord an old song of mine last year & spent days looking for a chord chart because, despite playing in a hundred time, I couldn't remember the chord progression. My ear isn't good enough to pick it out exactly & I didn't want an approximate - I wanted the diminishedsubcataneousnodalmodalrootstalkof the stemcell.

I actually taught myself my instruments mostly by writing my own songs. (Apperently I hadn't figured out how to google tabs...) So I've actually got a stack of 100 or so of my own songs memorized. Other than that, I really only know how to play two dozen or so songs from memory.

Back