How Many Nice Guitars Have You Gotten Rid Of?

Well I'm not that old so I have never bought an expensive vintage guitar for $100 back in the day thats worth $10,000 now. Ive been through over a hundred guitars but nothing that kills me to have let go. My Martin DM was a killer sounding guitar recorded. I still havent found another guitar at any price that replaces it. I also had one of the first Parker Fly Deluxes, long before Washburn bought Parker. But I sold it to a friend and still could get it back if I really wanted to.

Most of my regrets aren't the expensive guitars I've sold, but the cheap ones, like the DM, that were excellent finds. I had a Pro Tone Squier thinline Tele that was fantastic also. Better than the other 5 or so US Fender Teles of various years Ive owned. I do wish I had kept my Fender Prosonic amp. They're hard to find and none are as good a the one I had myself. They go used now for more than I paid for mine new, too.

H2H

Not only good guitars but good amps too, one I would really like back is a Selmer Twin Selector Tone 1962 model, usual story, broke, couldn't make the payments. The guy who took over the payments eventually gave it to his son who had it till he died, I have tried to track it down but the trail seems to have fizzled out, about the time he did.

This is a good thread for me... I am debating unloading a guitar right now. I have an Epi Wildkat (2*P-90s), it was my first electric (I was an exclusive acoustic player for 10 years). I really loved it, played it a lot. Got an American Strat(SSS), played that too, like them both and they filled different niches. Then I picked up an Ibanez Artstar (HH), and since I got that, I never touch the Epi anymore. It seems that anything the Epi could do, I like the sound and feel of the Ibanez more.

I have been jonesing for a American Deluxe Tele, and since my Wildkat just picks up dust, I have thought I could trade it in for probably half-off the Tele.

except I keep thinking..... will I miss having a P90 guitar in the fold? Maybe I will find a spot that guitar fills that I just haven't discovered yet.....

but man, I want a Tele.

The only one I really miss is an 83 Martin D16M. It was a NAMM guitar, and had a beautifully figured Mahogany back and sides. It had a really sweet tone and recorded beautifully. I wish I had it back. Hopefully they found a good home for it at Elderly Music.

Only one - a 1956 Les Paul Custom that I sold in 1981 to buy the parts to make a Super Strat.

Oh well . . .

Still have the SS (Floyd, Duncans and etc)

Sold my original '58 Fender Strat on ebay in 2002 that I owned since 1976. I made a real healthy profit on it. I used the $$$ very wisely (including buying guitars/amp and other gear, paid bills, paid for wife's laser-eye surgery, etc.). To be sure, it was a REAL nice guitar, but I don't regret selling it for a minute.

Back