How many Hoontech users are there around here?

ola

I just wanted to see how many of you guys 'n dolls are using any Hoontech products. As I'm happy with my DSP24+ADC/DAC2000 and keep recommending it, I'd like to hear others views as well.

Merry Yule

/Ola

Ola,
I see you aren't getting much response but I'm interested in this too. I am looking for a cheap (inexpensive, that is) multi input soundcard to supplement my d16 studio. The Hoontech and the Guillemot ISIS seem to be the budget cards that I keep hearing about.

Hi all,

I'm using a DSP24 MKII with my new PC which I've just built. Haven't had the chance to use it much yet, but initial impressions are good. Seems to be very quiet with great latency as well.

I did a lot of research when choosing a soundcard, and for the price, the Hoontech seemed too good to be true. I was almost going to go for the Audiophile 24/96 before I found out about the DSP24. If I had to pick anything bad about the DSP24, it would be the poor driver support for Windows 2000 so far - they been pretty slow off the mark in getting a usable driver out there. But the Win98 drivers are great, and so currently I'm dual booting between the two OSs. The other thing that is lacking is the manual - it's quite badly written (seems to be a translation from another language), although I hear it's being rewritten by a native english-speaker.

Check out the Q&A user forum on the Hoontech web site for more opinions. I'm actually glad to see that Hoontech programmers have a presence on the forum and actually answer questions quite promptly - customer service is a valuable quality that too many companies seem to have forgotten about recently.

Cheers,
Barry.

Welcome,

Good to see yet another DSP24 user. The manual you get with the card is terrible anf the new one is better but not brilliant (at all). I gave up on the W2k drivers long ago but I haven't had a DAW for quite some time now so I'm not conscerned with it. I think I may have fried my ADC/DAC2000 box though... I was trying to set it up at a friends house but we couldn't get it working. It turned out that the grounding in his house was faulty and we had 160V between ground and zero. Ouch. We'll try again with the latest drivers etc. and see if maybe that will help.

/Ola

Back