how long

brickboo

How long has the MR8 been on the market? I figure it is relatively new right? Because the manual gives an example of how to load a song in from a list of songs . Yet no one seems to think that you can save songs. Where in the heck (##%$) is the list of songs stored that the manual is showing how you're supposed to load from a list. I've written Fostex and they won't respond to my question. This has been a frustrating adventure to say the least.

The following is how to load a song that is saved on the card.
Menu
Song, enter
Select song, enter
Scroll down to song you want to load, enter
Boom, the song is loaded.

To be able to save a song you have to name it.
Do the above steps, but scroll down to New Song and name it, enter
Then record song.

I think you mis-understand. The MR8 came from the factory with only one song loaded. "Fostex fever" I think it was. CHEEZY tune that we all erased as quickly as we could. If you want to load a song from the list, YOU have to put it there in the first place. Unless you have a high capacity CF card, it's not likely you will have a very long list to choose from. Hope this helps.

bd

thats it

lack of communication, i see, yes you must creat the song name before you can open anything, list in manual is just a example list of songs

but after selecting, your song you stil must hit menu for the correct screen to appear, i had a hard time finding this out, would select a song hit enter and it would always go back to the list of songs screen, not to the selected song......

So how many

So how many songs have some of you been able to save on your card. Please tell what size card you have. I don't look forward to recording a tune and having to hook up to the computer to save after every song. If I could save 5 or 6 songs before having to save to the computer that would be more satisfactory to me.

Doing one song then having to get into the computer to save it before I could record another tune would be a chore .

Thanks for you guy's input.

Re: So how many

brickboo said:
So how many songs have some of you been able to save on your card. Please tell what size card you have. I don't look forward to recording a tune and having to hook up to the computer to save after every song. If I could save 5 or 6 songs before having to save to the computer that would be more satisfactory to me.

Doing one song then having to get into the computer to save it before I could record another tune would be a chore .

Thanks for you guy's input.

Unfortunately, unless you have a HUGE CF card, you will be lucky to save 1 song on your card. What I tend to do is save my songs on PC, both mixed and unmixed.

Clubtracks allows me to pull up an unmixed group of wave files just how I left them.

I know it may be more of a chore to do it that way but it is the only way I can make the MR-8 work for me. I just leave my MR-8 permanently hooked up via USB to my PC. And I xfer tarcks to my pc as I record them, it seems like a lot of work at first but once you get used to it it is pretty easy and quick.

clif

Back