How is the sound? My new dubstep/metal/darkstep song

mrstivi1991

HI!

Im working on my new song, which is combining a few generes. I've already listened to it 43634645 times, so i don't know what is sounding good, and what not. Help me with some advice if you can :)

Soory for my english, I'm just a little high right writing it :P

And heres the song:

https://soundcloud.com/stiven-2/electro

Sound is good. I think there is some sub bass in there that my system won't reproduce but it sounds full and wide with a lot of atmosphere. What did you use to make this?

Well those samples are pretty good. The reason I listened to the whole thing was those first few guitar chords. Really nice tone there.

Sorry I don't know about this kind of music. Are you playing guitars? What kind?

This is pretty cool! Although, it's some of the lightest dubstep/metal I've ever heard!

So do you have a midi guitar that you're playing that your midi device can pick it up?

My one nit is that it seems a little incomplete. This would be a good lead in or interlude in an album, but without lyrics or some kind of extended hook, it doesn't seem like a standalone song.

Thanks!

You are right that the song is incomplete, Im thinking about adding some breakdown part to it before the last heavy beat kicks in. And im thinking about remixing some ambient vocals to the light part, and recording my scream vocals to the heavy part.

I have a Epiphone G400 Custom, and thats my only gear right now. My USB MIDI Controller cost something about 40$, so my gear is not very immpresive :p

Ok, so I upgraded the song :) I changed drums in the heavy part, and I changed some other stuff. Change is good or bad?

Attachments

• Przemek Ś. - Ghost.mp3
    6.2 MB · Views: 10
i think you need a little discipline in the verses... VERY cool mixes during the slow part and really nice sounds... but dynamically the drops and fast parts should explode which needs to be done by some discipline in volumes in the verses... essentially the listener will hear the verses the same... just lower volume and less bass so when it hits... it fuckin hits.

i think you need a little discipline in the verses... VERY cool mixes during the slow part and really nice sounds... but dynamically the drops and fast parts should explode which needs to be done by some discipline in volumes in the verses... essentially the listener will hear the verses the same... just lower volume and less bass so when it hits... it fuckin hits.

Good point. I understand what you mean :)

I think i must lower maximizer in the verses a little bit, and rise it in the heavy part. Same thing with bass. Some kind of "discipline" with the volume :P

Back