How I Want To Die

Todzilla

After I turned 50, this song seemed appropriate.

Yeah, it's kind of long (hey, it's about death!) but I'd love some feedback. So far, it's my favorite drum sound we've come up with. Keys will be retracked for timing issues and solo (sax?) will go in 3rd verse.

Any feedback appreciated.

Freakishly LONG!! I'm 55 and know better than to try to hold someone's attention that long!!!! :)
Nice mix and song! But WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long!!

Ohh crazy vocal effects. It adds to the mysteriousness. Good voice. I think the piano can come down in the mix. Bring the snare up. Vocals are a bit too loud too. The bass sound works well. That's about it.

Ohh crazy vocal effects. It adds to the mysteriousness. Good voice. I think the piano can come down in the mix. Bring the snare up. Vocals are a bit too loud too. The bass sound works well. That's about it.

Great feedback! Very specific, all actionable. Will review with this in mind.

r4m, yes, 6 minutes is kind of long, even for a slow song. I've been getting into LCD Soundsystem lately, who thinks nothing of a 5 minute intro for a pop song. kind of cool. It'll be a tad shorter when the solo is added, but not sure how to condense further without wholesale verse demolishing.

Back