How does what your guitar is made of affect the sound?

Maybe that one wasn't sabotaged by chineese slave workers.

its amazing how some of the chinese guitars come set up and ready to play. a lot of beginner guitars are set up horribly and are way too hard to play but i see cheap chinese stuff set up better than some big-name stuff

i guess its because they dont have to pay the slaves who make sure the guitars are set up nicely!

I think a lot of the setups are lucky because the frkn automation and machines are taking over the world, and when the lowly human assembly person strings it up, its pretty close to good. I don't think the slave labor is fine tuning saddles and truss rods....not for the 900,000 Fender WhateverWherever guitars that are being flooded down the Indonesian rainforest river and shipped to the world.

The Indiana Company, advertises doing the final QC and Setup once "their designed" guitars come back from the slave countrys.

I think this is a excellent way for companies to compete. Vizio, I think or some TV company doing ot too and making a fortune like went #3!!! against SOny and frkn Samasung!

He designs it, has China build it, then they come back and he ships them....cheap, because

#1 they have low overhead (unlike US companies full of upper do nothing managers who play golf on Friday, draining profits like barnacles to a boat...)

#2 they can now utilize the outsource mfg. machine and prices are down

#3 the profits are higher, or costs lower so they get marketshare...like from BEst Buy, WalMArt...

Its like the tiny virus taking down the Lion scenario. imo. which means absolutley nothing, lets make this clear...hahaa

its amazing how some of the chinese guitars come set up and ready to play. a lot of beginner guitars are set up horribly and are way too hard to play but i see cheap chinese stuff set up better than some big-name stuff

i guess its because they dont have to pay the slaves who make sure the guitars are set up nicely!

Korea too. Some fantastic stuff is coming from them commies.

Yeah, it seems many companies are switching back to China because of the much lower cost. I think the order of Oriental craftsmanship goes: Japan>Korea>China. Although, Fender is still in Mexico, but I can't say I've been overly impressed with any Mexican strats since I last played one (sometime last year). Does anyone see American made ever rising to the top again? Companies like Gibson and PRS can't keep charging outrageous prices for long with Chinese guitars getting better and better by the year. Companies like Ibanez and ESP don't even have any US plants anymore as far as I know.

Back