How Does This Sound?

jguitar_tm

Hey guys.

Laying down some songs with a friend of mine. We're not going for anything professional quality, but I would like to get the most out of what I'm using. This was recorded with Logic Express and an M-Audio Fast Track. Guitars and bass were miced. Drums are artificial, obviously (made on a keyboard). At the time of this recording lyrics had not been written, so the singer (me) mostly just messes around. You can evaluate the vocals, however, in terms of how they sound (because I have added compressor and reverb to them even though they are mostly nonsense). So, if you could give this a listen and tell me what you think - any critique you have - it would be much appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/jguitar_tm/song-1-demo

I agree with what's been said about the vocals in the mix. I would adjust the velocity and pitch of each of the crash cymbals to add more of a real effect. I just got EZ Drummer and have been pleasantly surprised how easy it is to add a loop/fill and manually adjust them to your taste.

Good start though.

Did you only do one track of of rhythm guitar? If so, It's begging to be double tracked and panned hard to the sides. It will allow you to have space in the middle and will sound much less mono. Listen to basically any song in a similar genre and you'll notice the same guitar parts on both sides for much of the track.

Back