How do you tune a dx7 keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

psalmest

Hello everyone,

I purchased a DX7 keyboard and I want to use it with another board that I have, but the dx7 is not in tune with the other keydoard. I have the manual and it confuses the daylights out of me! Could some one please help me becasue the manual really dosent say much that is helpful

Hello everyone,

I purchased a DX7 keyboard and I want to use it with another board that I have, but the dx7 is not in tune with the other keydoard. I have the manual and it confuses the daylights out of me! Could some one please help me becasue the manual really dosent say much that is helpful

I don't think you can. You can run it through some sort of pitch shifter and do it that way. :confused: When you say out of tune, do you mean in steps (whole, half, so on.) Or a fraction out of tune?

But you won't want to tune it to the other keyboard, you'd want to tune both to say 440 so that if a guitar part or bass etc. part is laid down everything is tune together.

:cool:

How do I tune a DX&?

thank you every one for your input to my issue. The one that hit the nail on the head was the setting of the 440. I quess i will just have to go down this road and deal with it. you guys are a big help. glad to be part of this family.

Hello everyone,

You can tune the DX7. Look on page 89 of the manual (if you've got the same manual as me) or look up MASTER TUNING in the index

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back