How do you think about this genre?

anhphu24041992

♫ Check out my newest composition

and tell my about this style of music. I don't know what I would call it for... So tell my the name of this genre if you know about it!
Thanks ♥!

even better... call it Uzbekistani Influenced Neo-post non-ist slash-metal tech revival...

..you know like all those well known "Uzbekistani Influenced Neo-post non-ist slash-metal tech revival..." bands of the early 2k's

genre as a concept is just a stupid tool of the non-creators to define what they sell. call it "neo-post-non-ist"

Disagree. Genre is what helps me when I find an artist with a new sound and I want to find similar artists. Genre is also what helps me direct my music at a specific audience of fans. It's a good sorting tool.

I do agree when it comes to some sub-genres, but that's a different argument for another day.

As for what genre it is, I don't quite know if it's minimalist enough to be classed as ambience? Reminds me of The American Dollar, although I'm not too into that sort of music so I'm sure someone could drum up a better example. I enjoyed it either way!

I'd call it Fluid fusion piano soundtracks for gentle samba dancers!
Ambient piano Jazz,
Nice vid. I'd have preferred a boat on Halong Bay in the rain rather than the burbs but you use what you have.
Nice playing and arrangement but I think it could use a remix and a few elements tweaked (some attack on the low string part) etc. Pop the audio into the MP3 Mixing Clinic for suggestions.
Good work whatever label you find.

genre is valuable because the human mind generally needs to classify. it expedites conversation and makes it easy to communicate about music. its also just a topic of interest even if it isn't entirely important. like what the hell is grunge? slow sarcastic sometimes acoustic simple metal thats sometimes punk but the at times is none of those?

but yeah thats like psychedelic / digital / ambient / movie score / trip hop / piano fusion / rainy day
i'd go with psychedelic piano fusion

gee... i learn a LOT here, lmao...

let me keep track in my notebook now...

(scribble scribble) "genre... is... meaningless..." okay, okay...

(reviewing previous notes) "music theory is crap... scales mean nothing... just randomly pluck and plink notes until "something" pops out o the ether..."

what else, what else? OH, yeah... "reading music is useless... writing scores is for losers..."

Okay, NOW I'm gonna get somewhere! heck... smoke pot, drink beer, plink and pluck random notes until something AWEsome just POPS right out of that brainstorming session, eh?

I'm glad this all gets posted here, 'cos I been misled by a coupe hundred years of the supposed masters going down the entirely wrong road for, like, hundreds of years... christ, its good to know we're finally getting the real information and onto the RIGHT way to do things.

keep the good info coming, I tell you...

editors note: inadvertently, mild sarcasm may have crept into the post. I didnt intend that at ALL... (oops, more sarcasm, there i go again, geez)

gee... i learn a LOT here, lmao...
let me keep track in my notebook now...

(scribble scribble) "genre... is... meaningless..." okay, okay...

(reviewing previous notes) "music theory is crap... scales mean
nothing... just randomly pluck and plink notes until "something"
pops out o the ether..."

what else, what else? OH, yeah... "reading music is useless...
writing scores is for losers..."
That's good. Not sure how much leg pulling you're doing but I
suspect it's 99%.

I can tell you this from my studio experience...
Genre is very important. If the producers says it's a honky
tonk tune then you better know what that means. West
Coast Swing, samba, rhumba, mambo, dixieland, baroque
are all genres.

If the chart you're getting ready to run down is in the Nashville
Number System you need to know theory.

If the chart says "solo" you better have a grasp of the scales
and know what the chords mean.

Reading music is at the top. If the arranger has your guitar
part doubling the fiddle you need to know how to read.

I had a gig that required me to sight read an Aaron Copeland
piece I'd never seen before, or since. Thank goodness I could
read and had a concept of his genre.

One thing is for sure, I've yet to walk into a session with TAB
sitting on the stand. I think TAB has a place but it's not a
substitute for notation.

Back