• Daww

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Digital Audio Workstation

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • You're a fool for asking, OP

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters

SloppyJo

This seems like a silly thread, but I'm curious as to what people call Digital Audio Workstations for short.

I've always pronounced it Daww, as in the beginning of D'awesome. But I think in my neck of the woods people call it Dee-eh-double-you more often.

So how do you pronounce DAW? :D

Poll up.

In my head, it's 'Dee Ay Double-You'. I never say it out loud (dunno if I ever have).

When I watch YouTube videos and people pronounce it as a word, I think it sounds weird.

I've never said it out loud, either. I usually refer to brand names I suppose. But when I read it in my head, my head says "door".

When I watch YouTube videos and people pronounce it as a word, I think it sounds weird.
I agree. Not that I watch Youtube videos on recording, but it's one of those "words" that I read and don't really even pronounce in my head. . But I never hear it in my head as "Daw".

am i weird for pronouncing it "door"? then again, i do say the word quite a lot and, as a well spoken southern Englishman, it's my duty to pronounce words with extra "r" sounds in, like baRth, graRss, faRst, caRst

Acronyms I'm guessing are for making a long string of words into an easy and quickly spoken thing.

But I think "Daw" is more efficient then D-A-W. The word rolls of the tongue nicely so why not?

But then again you wouldn't pronounce CEO as a word...

am i weird for pronouncing it "door"? then again, i do say the word quite a lot and, as a well spoken southern Englishman, it's my duty to pronounce words with extra "r" sounds in, like baRth, graRss, faRst, caRst

Well I believe I've heard english people pronounce idea "idea-ER" a lot. DAW as a word and idea sorta rhyme so maybe it's an english linguistic thing.

LOL. This is gona throw the yanks. I've never seen so many English people in one thread before.

Spinal tap's a good reference. They'd pronounce Daw and door the same, if they chose to say daw as a word.
Seinfeld wouldn't.

I'm from Northern Ireland. We don't even pronounce door as 'door'. :p

Well to me (Canadian), idea is pronounced "I-dee-yuh", emphasis on the "dee"

The "yuh" isn't exagerrated, if it was that would just sound dumb.

Back