How do you find my sample-based beats?

My problem is that I have no idea what someone is supposed to do with "beats". I gave Flowers a listen and it is too long for assembling bits, but too short for a full song. Add in the fact that I don't really thing assembling snippets is much of a way to build a song, and it just leaves me confused.

That aside, on the "sound" side, the drums just really sound out of place with the piano. It's like it's the wrong instrument for the style. I'm not trying to be mean, but It just didn't work for me.

Slow Jam was better, but since I have ZERO interest in rapping, it didn't excite me.

My problem is that I have no idea what someone is supposed to do with "beats". I gave Flowers a listen and it is too long for assembling bits, but too short for a full song. Add in the fact that I don't really thing assembling snippets is much of a way to build a song, and it just leaves me confused.

That aside, on the "sound" side, the drums just really sound out of place with the piano. It's like it's the wrong instrument for the style. I'm not trying to be mean, but It just didn't work for me.

Slow Jam was better, but since I have ZERO interest in rapping, it didn't excite me.
Actually, I almost despise rap in its modern incarnation. Flowers is more about, you know, that "lo-fi hiphop beats" trend? I've never heard them. But I found it cool to experiment and layer weird rhythms on top of Bill's dreamy piano 🙃 Yeah, you can't really rap to it. It's a DJ solo more than anything.

Back