How do you feel about this mastering job?

DreadfulJake

Hello,
I just recorded my first album to be mastered by a professional sound engineer. Anyway I am not that familiar with the mastering process, and I was wondering what you all thought of these masters. the recording was done in a friend's home studio.

thedreadfulhoroscope.bandcamp.com

:laughings:

p.s band camp is an awesome site for music sharing. very clean and user-friendly.

Thanks and feel free to criticize all aspects of the music not just the master job.

-Jacob

Hello,
I just recorded my first album to be mastered by a professional sound engineer. Anyway I am not that familiar with the mastering process, and I was wondering what you all thought of these masters. the recording was done in a friend's home studio.

thedreadfulhoroscope.bandcamp.com

:laughings:

p.s band camp is an awesome site for music sharing. very clean and user-friendly.

Thanks and feel free to criticize all aspects of the music not just the master job.

-Jacob

2 things:

1) It's impossible to tell how good a mastering job is without hearing a before and after of the mix.

2) It's impossible to tell you anything about your music if you don't post a link to it.

2 things:

1) It's impossible to tell how good a mastering job is without hearing a before and after of the mix.

2) It's impossible to tell you anything about your music if you don't post a link to it.

I meant in terms of proper cd volume on the mastering. but i do understand the problem without a before mix. I guess I should change my question to, how do you feel about the overall mix of the album? Is the flow of songs correct? Are there any area that need improvement in terms of sound and or performance?

Back