How do you do it?

sibleypeck

1) Is there a way to convert Wave files or RealMedia files to MP3? I’m using Pro Audio 8 and it doesn’t offer MP3 conversion.
2) How does one post these files on the Forum?
3) How long should I expect it to take to upload a six-minute song with a 56K phone modem?

I hate not getting a reply to a question, particularly when I need information before I can move ahead on a thing. So I am going to answer my own question just so it doesn't seem that I'm in so much of a vacuum.

Sibleypeck,
I can't answer your questions 2 and 3 yet, but the answer to 1 is:
Just download CDex 1.30, install it, and try it out. It will let you convert from .wav to .mp3, or vice versa, and some other neat shit too. It is so easy to use, even you can you do it.
Good luck with your endeavors. Follow your instincts and never give up. Don't take any wooden nickels and watch the parkin' meters.
Maintain a healthy diet, and get plenty of rest and exercise. Try to get at least two hours of sun per day. Always wash your hands when you come in from outdoors. Don't pick your nose, and don't vote Republican.

you can't upload files to the forum - put them on some other server and link to them.

6 minute song 56k...do the math? if you upload at say....4k/sec?

6000/4/60 = ??

ah funk it, that's 25 minutes.

Set yourself up an account at Nowhereradio.com. It's free and you can store tunes there and Waldo hangs out here and is a REAL nice guy. Oh, and invest in plastics.

wes480,

I have it on good authority that my isp offers a place to store files that others can link to. I have obtained detailed instructions for uploading files, but haven't tried it yet. I will, just as soon as I correct a few dozen embarrassing weaknesses in the mix I want to post.

In your "do the math" example, what does the "6000" represent?

Track Rat,

What are you saying with, "invest in plastics"?

Back