How Do You Do It?

etunes

How do you or would you get music from your multi-track recorder to your computer? I have a VS-840 (no recordible media) that I record on and I have an Audiophile 2496 card in my computer.

What I don't know how to do is record the music to my computer for making a cd or posting an mp3 to a website. What program do I send the mix to in order to record it on my computer?

I have Audacity (it causes hickups in the recording, don't know why) and n-track (demo version) but I am not sure of the setup I should me using etc. or if there is another program that is better suited for what I am trying to do.

Also I have a limited budget, as if it wasn't fun enough working with my ignorance, now you have to do it on a limited budget as well. Please help I need to get some songs on my site!

Doesn't it record on zip disks? Bet you could get a zip drive for your computer and use some daw software to import all the raw tracks in. Figure they are on the zip drive in some common file type like wav.... Then mix and render the finished music to wav or mp3. Could probably get the full version of Ntrack cheap enough....

Actually now that I'm reading it can come with a hard disk or a zip disk. The zip disk is formmated in such a way that a computer with a zip drive wouldn't make sense of it. What you might be able to do is use the spdif out put and record your tracks 2 at a time into the daw software via a spdif input on the sound card (if your card has an spdif input), then line em up, mix and render. It would be a bit of a pain in the ass everytime you wanna inport a song into the computer but I think it could be done. Plus once the stuff is in the computer, you'll be able to tweak it alot more...

Connect the SCSI output on the VS to a SCSI card on your computer (They're relatively inexpensive). When you transfer/backup the files to your pc they are in a VS native format. Search around on the web because there is a PC editor/convertor (to .wav) available for the VS (At least for the VS880EX, I think the VS840 too).

Doesn't your 840 have optical S/PDIF output? If I'm not mistaken, I think the 2496 has a coax S/PDIF input? Get a Midiman CO2 box and hook em up.

Back