How do you create your own sweet bass sounds?

NewbMediaGuy

Simple question, how do you create your own bass sounds? I know you can buy these sounds on a CD, but I don't like using stuff like that, I'd rather create it myself.

So how do rappers create these nice deep bass sounds? Are they simply recording certain drums being hit and then adding effects to enhance them? Or are they using software to create these?

Depends, some use loops, some creates sounds by recording drums and then processing it, some play it from synth and then tweak it to sound the way they want. So depending on your facility which ever is comfortabel for you, go ahead and do it.

:cool: Yo Media GGGGGG:]

Jeyen pretty much gave you the scoop on bass recording; however, here is one more alternative for live electric bass.

I have the marvelous little, but a tad expensive, GK speaker; it is very small compared to most bass cabinets; however, the unit has a line input that bypasses the speaker but utilizes the unit and sends the sound to the recorder.

I've used this method several times for bass players who do a line for some stuff I work on. Very nice tight and clear results as you don't have to cope with a booming cabinet speaker and mic yourself into microcosms.

Maybe some other amps have the same feature?

Green Hornet :) :rolleyes: :D ;)

Back