how do you burn cds?

kabbub

i have nero burning rom software. i have never burned a cd. can somebody help me out in plain newbie speak? i use win xp home. thanks

Last edited:
I had musicmatch jukebox- i guess in its infancy about 5 years ago- IT WAS THE BIGGEST PEICE OF SHIT I EVER PUT ON MY COMPUTER- I would suggest that you dont get Music match - and if you have it, then remove it and get something else- nero is pretty good- i like roxios ezcd creator-
In NERO put a blank cd into your CD burner, fire up the softare, thers is a wizard built into the software that can guide you through step by step- tell it you want to create an audio cd, find your wav files in the one window- pick and drag em into the other- hit the burn button

kremitmusic said:

In NERO put a blank cd into your CD burner, fire up the softare, thers is a wizard built into the software that can guide you through step by step- tell it you want to create an audio cd, find your wav files in the one window- pick and drag em into the other- hit the burn button

EXACTLY ;)

If you have windows XP just open windows media player, select the copy to CD or device tab, make a playlist of whatever you mean to burn and click on record (top left). Make sure you've got a blank CD.

I just throw them in the fire- they burn just fine. Especially those d@mn AOL discs.

:D

Chris

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

kabbub said:
i have nero burning rom software. i have never burned a cd. can somebody help me out in plain newbie speak? i use win xp home. thanks

This may sound like a lame or maybe even insulting question but since you said yourself that you need it in dummietalk I'll ask it anyway: Do you actually have a cd-burner? Software doesn't turn a regular cd-rom player into a cd-burner.

If you already knew that, forget I mentioned it but you wouldn't be the first to make that mistake!

Chris Shaeffer said:
I just throw them in the fire- they burn just fine. Especially those d@mn AOL discs.

:D

Chris

Well, the only thing I got to say against this is that I WISH I HAD SAID IT FIRST! I like a guy with a sense of humor! :D

BTW, I have had nothing but good luck with Music Match. I have the full "paid-for" version. Like a lot of things, you get what you pay for. The freebie version may not be all that you expect.

CK

Back