How Do I Use My Beats?

RTWmaniac

I hate rap but I like making beats and I think they sound good. Any advice on what I can do to get my beats used? I don't know any rappers.

My advice....

1.) Post them here. Always people looking for beats....especially a dope cat by the name of Gully Jewelz.

2.) Post them on Soundclick (www.soundclick.com). You can sell themor just do it for free. If they are good and the price is decent, you'll get word. Also you can store them there and link them here (going along with number 1)

3.) Myspace is another one like Phil said, but that's pretty much limited to your friends usually.

4.) You might even be able to go on FutureProducers and check around there...sometimes emcees will go there.

Where's some of your work at? I rap, but I make my own beats too.

Fieva LeCroix

Everyone has given you good advice.. so i going to give a little different advice..

I hate rap but I like making beats

This is the worst possible attitude to have when trying to market your tracks to clients.

If you llike making tracks you should like all genre unless you are making tracks to a specific genre.

on a lighter note..

the internet is cool for finding other artist not in your area to work with.. but you need to find a local artist to work with so wou can build a nice catalog of your work...which always brings more work your way.. just ask around your city/town to see who is doing music and who is looking for track.. you will be amazed of how many people come out saying there looking for music. To weed out the ones that are serious offer your service for a fee and you will really see who are serious and who are not.

Bk makes a very good point.
When I start working for a rap studio about 10 years ago, I didn't care for rap much either. And my mixes were mediocre.
Then one day it clicked and i understood why people listened to rap. I started to enjoy it myself. And you know what? My mixes became incredible.
So if you make beats for rap artists, but you hate rap, you might not be making the best beats you can.

Something to think about...

Tony Laughlin
Audio Engineer/Promoter
www.grooveboxmusic.com

Back