How do I set my keyboard up

Pitseleh

Right now I have my keyboard's midi in/out hooked up to my delta 1010lt, so I can record it, but I can only hear the playback on the keyboard speakers.

I have a Mackie 1202-vlz3 hooked up to my delta1010lt also. Is there anyway I can hook up the connect the computers midi out to the mixer so I can get midi to play through my moniters?

no. Midi is just note information, not audio. You would need to connect to the audio out to you mixer

The MIDI out from your keyboard to the MIDI in on your sound card simply allows the keyboard to send performance data (note on, note off, etc) to whatever software you use. If you have a MIDI cable out from the sound card to the MIDI in on the keyboard (and you transmit on the correct MIDI channels) then that performance data is sent back to the keboard. The keyboard then "plays" the performance (much like an old "player piano"). THis is what I assume you are hearing from your keyboards "on board speakers"

You then need to connect an audio cable (either 1/4" or RCA - depending on your keyboard) from the keyboard's audio out to an audio in on either your sound card or to your mixer.

Naturally the sound card and/or mixer needs to be sending the audio signal (sound) to some type of power (an amp) which then would send the sound to your monitor speakers.

Back