How do I replace my cracked Tama Iron Cobra Beater holder?

Uladine

I was recording a friends band the other day and he asked to use my Tama Iron Cobra double bass pedals cuz dey be da shiznit. When he was setting them up he asked how I cracked them and upon investigation I noticed that there was a big chunk taken out of the die cast metal beater holder for the primary beater. He made it through an 8 hour black metal super fast double bass drum session, so the pedals aren't down for the count yet, but I'd like to replace the beater holder asap.

Anyone know a fast way to get a replacement by mail order and how much the part would be? I'm going up to my dads house tomorrow for a week to record drums and there arent any stores nearby. If my pedal breaks while Im up there Ill be screwed unless I can have it shipped to his house.

My only suggestion is to go to the Tama website and have a look around. Most big companies have a parts list online. You may even be able (though not likely) to order a replacement part from Tama. I doubt it is something that your local everday music store keeps in stock.

Also call some of the major drum mailorder retailers out there like Waddells, Massmusic, Musicians Friend, Woodwind and Brasswind, etc. A simple search will turn up their sites.

Good luck.

Back