How do i Punch In?

Cal D

I just started using Cubase SX.

Let's say i recorded a vocal and I have one word that is flat (that would be a miracle...but let's just say..;-))

How do I punch in to re-record just that one word without endangering the rest of the track?

Thanks

from Plexi:

Cubase SX/SL can automatically switch from playback to recording at a given position. This is known as "automatic punch in". A typical use for this would be if you need to replace a section of a recording, and want to listen to the previously recorded audio up to the recording start position.

1. Set the left locator to the position at which you want recording to start.

2. Activate the Punch In button on the Transport panel.

Punch In activated.

3. Activate playback from some position before the left locator.

When the project cursor reaches the left locator, recording is automatically activated.

Punch out

Stopping recording
Again, this can be done automatically or manually:

If you click the Stop button on the Transport panel (or use the corresponding key command, by default [0] on the numeric keypad), recording is deactivated and Cubase SX/SL goes to Stop mode.

If you click the Record button or use the key command for recording, by default [*], recording is deactivated but playback continues.

This is known as "manual punch out".

If the Punch Out button is activated on the Transport panel, recording will be deactivated when the project cursor reaches the right locator.

This is known as "automatic punch out". By combining this with automatic punch in, you can set up a specific section to record - again very useful if you want to replace a certain part of a recording. See also Stop after Automatic Punchout .

Punch In and Out activated.

Back