How do I move waves by single increments when moving them?

dialtone

Not sure how to word that question properly. But I am veiwing by bars/beats (and recording to metronome). And I noticed were it says "At", it shows me my wave postition at any given time.
Well I want to move waves to other locations, I figured it would be as easy as sequencing and locating the begining of that bar/beat were the riff begins, and moving it to the corresponding number of the new location, so if it starts at 3:3:00, and I wanted to move it down a measure, than I would move it to 7:3:00.
The problem is, is that with the smallest increments of :00, it tends to skip like every three. So I can not accuratly line these up. How can I remedy this problem?

When you zoom in on the waveform, the time line will become zoomed also and show every increment. Then you can move the waveform one increment at a time instead of three.

Other tips:
Move your zoomed view left or right using the horizontal scroll bar.
You can drag or slide the waveform left or right by "right click and hold."

RD

There is "Snap" option in AA which helps you to place your files to wished position.
Off course, you need to turn it off when it doesn't work according to your plan. Increments are very small actually.
If you use time units you can make a movement from 3,30,000 to 3.30.001 which means movement was 1 /1000 sec ( 1 millisecond.)
The first digit is minute, other two are seconds and last three are milliseconds.
You are using Bars and beats. It's ok. But still you should be able to make a movement from 3.3.00 to 3.3.01.
(even some place in between those two numbers)
I tried this in Audition a couple minutes ago, just to be sure.

There are several other options for time line like Samples, Compact disc, SMPTE etc.

Back