How Do I Make Soundfonts?

MrMusicAu

I have heard a lot on soundfonts in the past and through my understanding, they are sample wave files which have been recorded from real-life instruments. But that's the extent of my knowledge of creating and using soundfonts.

Can anyone steer me to a good website to learn my on creating soundfonts and a Step by Step tutorial on how to use them once they've been created?

Thanks for your time.
Andrew.

Can anyone steer me to a good website to learn my on creating soundfonts and a Step by Step tutorial on how to use them once they've been created?
It's pretty easy making soundfonts if you have a sampler, I know VSampler can make soundfonts. But you either need a soundcard that support soundfonts (i.e. a creative card), or the Livesynth Pro DXi for playing them.

And there are many free soundfonts avaiable for free on the net. Check out www.hammersound.net and www.thesoundsite.com

Virtual Sampler & Sound Fonts

moskus said:
But you either need a soundcard that support soundfonts (i.e. a creative card), or the Livesynth Pro DXi for playing them.
VSampler also imports and plays SF2 files and can run as a DXi or standalone. Check out VS3 at www.vs3.com for its import capabilities.:)
--
BluesMeister

Back