How do I get this painting finish?

Wall on the picure should be matt, it's all about the light. Maybe some mood lights will spice your room up.

I'm in the process of painting my studio but i'm not sure if i bought the wrong paint. I painted 1 wall to grey with 2 coats but the finish seems very dull and dead.

I was wondering how do you get such a finish or painting job like the one in this picture with the grey color.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6RuB-MyU_...llow+accents+chair+square+tile+backsplash.jpg

kind of like shiny / matt ..

There are different types of paint in the same color you must use *gloss* to achieve a shine and as seidy pointed out it all has to do with lighting.

:cool:

An all-grey room is too oppressive. You need a few brightly colored throw pillows to relieve the monotony.

The paint in the pic is semi-flat, if you got flat, you're gonna hafta get new paint. You can flatten gloss, but not the other way round I'm afraid.

The gray in the photo is too dark, and agreed, oppressive. I wouldn't paint a home theater that colour, looks too much like a prison cell. Also bear in mind flat paint marks up really easily. Especially dark colours.

Back