How do I get rid of....

Yadi

Because I no longer play out and rather spend time in my 12' x 13' home studio, I need to downsize on some equipment. I have a bass rig, Fender BXR 400 biamp, Hartke 210XL, Bag End S18B-D.

My local guitar shop won't consign the Bag End because they say 18" are falling out of favor. SHIT, I bought it from them for almost $600, used it less than 25 times out, only want $300. I ran an add for a few days for the entire combo $750 (would take $600) or "will separate", and got one call on the Hartke.

Anyone have any advice how to get rid of this shit? Its taking up way too much room.....I want one of those Nemesis bass combos instead.

Do people buy 75 lb bass cabinets on EBAY???

Yadi said:

Do people buy 75 lb bass cabinets on EBAY???

They sure do. You just have to find the right buyer and find the best way to ship at a resonable price. You can also specify that the Cab be picked up, thus getting only local buyers. Shipping will be a lot, but there is a buyer for everything. Also if it does not sell you are out a whopin 3 bucks or so...

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1520752976

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1520045974.

Just for giggles, I went to the UPS home page and estimated. I used 80 lbs, 24"x24"x24" fot the package. I used two Zip codes Sacramento, CA and Monterey, CA (About 185 miles apart) just for an example. Shipping was only about 40.00 with 500.00 insurance. So I think that it is possible depending the distance.

Good luck

Fangar

shipping

Fangar, I hope your still subscribed to this particular thread...

I watched those Ebay items and feel that the Bag End cabinets actually got more than a fair market value. Incredible. Now I'm really interested...

How would you go about packaging something this large? Crate it??? Could I get a third party involved to package and ship this??

I did a UPS rate quote from Eastern Pennsylvania to Los Angeles....$50 Incredible...

Yadi,

Hey brother. I would go to a local music store and see if they have any boxes and corner pieces, and other packaging lying around for you. When I ran a music store, I always kept a couple of boxes for the larger items to ship back in case they were needed. Packing corners, and bubble wrap! The corners are what you need to be most careful of. I am sure that if you went to a place like mail boxes etc, they would do a wiz bang job for about $750.00. =(. They are waaaaayyyyyyyyyyy overpriced. Large speaker cabs usually come from the manufacturer in a big cardboard box with cardboard corner caps. That is about it. Just get insurance enough to cover it. I would check the local store first. I bet they will help you out. Also, do yourself a favor and get it all packed up, weighed and ready to go so that when it sells on EBAY it is ready to ship. Less stress that way. Also, remember that UPS had a size constraint too: 130 inches (length + girth, where girth is 2 x width plus 2 x height). This is confusing as hell, so just type the dimensions into the UPS web page when you get the actual.

Good luck bro,

Fangar

Back