How do I get better vst sounds?

TamaSabian

Peruvian skin beater
Hi, I want to improve the Hypercanvas brass sounds. Is there any technique??. I want make them sound better and full.

EDIT:
I´m working in a rock piece who have brasses and a sax solo, I want to make them sound more real and big in the mix. Could you tell me what could I do??

Thanks
TS

Last edited:
Take a compressor or limiter, and tweak all the knobs until you get about 20-25db in gain reduction showing on your meter. It doesn't matter how you do it really, just tweak randomly until you get that much gain reduction. After this turn up your output gain about 20 db. If you do this on every instrument and track you will have a sound that is VERY present, VERY full, and READY for radio airplay. Be sure to post the results later for everyone to have a listen to, that way we can further critique your results if that wasn't enough compression, and give you all of these great ideas about reverb. From the looks of it, it sounds like you have some good tracks to work with. I think this is going to turn out great!

BRIEFCASEMANX said:
Take a compressor or limiter, and tweak all the knobs until you get about 20-25db in gain reduction showing on your meter. It doesn't matter how you do it really, just tweak randomly until you get that much gain reduction. After this turn up your output gain about 20 db. If you do this on every instrument and track you will have a sound that is VERY present, VERY full, and READY for radio airplay. Be sure to post the resultsup here for everyone to have a listen to, that way we can further critique your results. From the looks of it, it sounds like you have some good tracks to work with. I think this is going to turn out great!

lol, smartass... :D

TamaSabian said:
Wow!!!, great tips, I never imagine that compression and rv could give bigger sounds in the mix.

When done tastefully, they can be HUGE assets, reverb is your friend just dont over do it, and like they say, reverb doesnt fix a bad performance :)

-C$

Back