How do I clean the heads on a 234

Hot Rocks

I didn't get a manual with my new/used 234.Anybody know the trick to cleaning the heads? When you open the cassette compartment door,the back plate partially covers the tape/head path.Thanks in advance

I have a tape deck with a shuttle bay, you know, like most CD's have. I use a cleaning casette for that (you know these dorky little casettes that instead of tape have a little wiper that moves back and forth over the head.
Seems to work, and is the only option I know of except dismantling the thing...

[This message has been edited by regebro (edited 07-25-2000).]

Thanks Regebro, Thats one way to go, and If I don't get any tips from experienced 234 users ,I will pick one of those up, But I know they "tascam" has a way to acess it.on my 238,Thse cover slides off, but this one seems permanant

I owned a 234 and 238 for several years. Open the tape door and slide the cover up to remove it. I then used a long handled Q-tip with head cleaning solution to clean the heads and guides. I then would clean the rubber wheel with rubber cleaner. I never had any luck with those cleaning cassettes. It's important to clean the heads often to prevent wear.

Robert,THANKYOU!!! I got it! it is like the 238 but it was on tight and I did'nt want to risk breaking it. it's good to hear from somone who knows for sure

Back