How different will my guitar sound be?

SebastianE

So.. I do metal, like metalcore post-hardcore stuff.. And i've been using amp sims, but I can't get them the way I want ( A Little low on money ) Soo.. I were thinking of buying this USB Recording Interface | POD Studio UX2 | Line 6 an guitar interface, and wonders how much the difference will be. Will it be better? more "pro" is it worth it and so on. Because right now, my guitars sound a little plastic, they are very good to be sims, but not as close as a real amp, and I don't have money for the real amp thingy. So interface :)

The UX2 is a decent guitar interface, but that's all it is - an interface. Have you tried downloading the free version of Line 6 PodFarm? It's limited, but at least will get you an idea if you like the Line 6 sims any better. With the UX2 you get the full PodFarm.

That interface looks pretty cool, with the software. Haven't tried it but Line6 stuff is good. I use Guitar Rig via a Yamaha MW12, have been putting together some demos for my band at soundcloud - phantompainmetal, I think the guitars sound pretty good for software. Have you tried GR? The amps actually have a few good settings to make them sound more 'real', warmer, looser, like a real valve amp. (The demos were recorded with fairly standard settings though)

'Lo Seb,
What are you using for an interface at the moment? I ask because if, (as I suspect) you don't have one yet many AIs you can buy have amp sims bundled with them. Cubase, a common bundle has Amplitube IIRC and Native Instrumets kit comes with Cubase AND GR2.

Then there is a zillion bytes of free stuff to try. Not looked but I bet Reaper has something in it for metalheads?

Dave.

Back