How come no pro tools forum?

aidan_m

Budding Rock Star!
Hey Admins,

Just curious why there's no specific Pro Tools forum when there is one for
Sonic, cubase, cakewalk etc...

Any particular reason? just wondering as the protools related stuff ends up all over the place..

Cheers,
Aidan.

Freddy said:
There is one, but you can only see it if you are running a digidesign PC.

:D

lol, now that's funny....
but I'd love to find out what a Digidesign PC is ;)

aidan_m-
My personal belief is this forum was created awhile back when PT was just getting into the home market. And when Dragon created the board he kept it strictly home based. That and you won't find a ton of people here who use PT (or choose not to voice their choice of using it because of other people's criticisms). But there's also no Nuendo section either.

You can always post in the Computer Recording section and it will most likely be answered there by someone.
Of course there is always..........

yeah, we tried to get one, but dragon doesnt like PT or somethin..

and he just changed a forum if you notice; visitor feedback became BBS Feedback.

just ask it, we'll help. we're pretty good, and benny is the PT man, and usually has the solution.

bennychico11 said:
lol, now that's funny....
but I'd love to find out what a Digidesign PC is ;)

aidan_m-
My personal belief is this forum was created awhile back when PT was just getting into the home market. And when Dragon created the board he kept it strictly home based. That and you won't find a ton of people here who use PT (or choose not to voice their choice of using it because of other people's criticisms). But there's also no Nuendo section either.

You can always post in the Computer Recording section and it will most likely be answered there by someone.
Of course there is always..........
Uhh many people here use protools.

THanks for the info..

Benny, I'm off to get a digi pc now! ;)

Suprising that not many people here are using protools.. I know on the home recording side of things in ireland protools would be the DAW of choice followed closely by Cubase..

Well I'm getting it as soon as I scrape together the money and then you can expect many a question from me!!

Can't find my hardware.

I posted this in the wrong section earlier, but still am having the problem. I installed OSX.3 and Protools 6.1. Everytime I try to load it, it says it can't find my hardware. I have the expansion chassis and I have the core card before the farm cards, but not in the closest slot to the plug (about the fourth slot). But the core card is first and then the farm cards like it says. Why can't it find the hardware? I'm ready to give up!!!!!

bernisava said:
I posted this in the wrong section earlier, but still am having the problem. I installed OSX.3 and Protools 6.1. Everytime I try to load it, it says it can't find my hardware. I have the expansion chassis and I have the core card before the farm cards, but not in the closest slot to the plug (about the fourth slot). But the core card is first and then the farm cards like it says. Why can't it find the hardware? I'm ready to give up!!!!!

still posting in the wrong section...don't hijack someone's thread

do you have hardware plugged into the core card?
if so, I wouldn't doubt that you need 6.4.1 in order to use OS 10.3

Protools

I have the core card and farm cards in the expansion chassis. I have the card that came with the expansion chassis in the computer and the cards in the chassis and then my 888 i/o 24 connected to the chassis. Can I PM you Benny? What area are you in? Sorry, I'm new at the BBS and didn't mean to hijack anyone else's thread.

Last edited:
Back