How can I "speed up" my MIDI recording?

ReDRuM

So here's the problem...

I'm using Drumkit from Hell 2 in Cubase and I don't know how to speed up the already programmed drums... Is there a way to do it or do I have to set the exact tempo before I start writing MIDI...

Thank you...

I'm not a cubase user, but the universal answer is increase the tempo, or BPM. Since MIDI is not audio, it suffers absolutely no artifacts from changing the tempo after recording.

RD

fraserhutch said:
Generally, crossposting is frowned upon here.

Sorry...

TimOBrien said:
Cubase lets you change the MIDI tempo any time you want. Look in the Help file...

Yes but when I change the tempo in the transport panel, it just changes the tempo grid in the MIDI editor (drum editor)... It doesn't actually move the notes...

It shouldn't have to move the notes - the tempo is relative, if you speed up the tempo, the notes go by faster, if you slow if down, the notes go by slower.

When you change the tempo (bpm, whatever), you are changing how fast the notes get played. You should not be changing the actual track data at all (outside of the tempo marking, of course).

fraserhutch said:
It shouldn't have to move the notes - the tempo is relative, if you speed up the tempo, the notes go by faster, if you slow if down, the notes go by slower.

When you change the tempo (bpm, whatever), you are changing how fast the notes get played. You should not be changing the actual track data at all (outside of the tempo marking, of course).

Ok, that's what I thought should happen... But I told you what happens when I simply change the tempo... Nothing :) Only the grid changes... The scrollbar doesn't move faster...

Hmm... Maybe it's beacause Cubase is not just MIDI oriented... Imagine what would hapen to a wav. file if it was in the same project and I simply speeded up the tempo... My guess is that there is another way to solve my problem...

Back